Head of Design
Rejection Therapy | February 2019 – present | Sunnyvale, CA
• Lead a complete redesign for a social activity iOS app, including core flows like community exploration, event participation, daily check-in and instant messaging. The new design contributed to the growth of MAU from 500 to 1.7k with $20k in revenue after launch in 2 months. The app is currently at 4.8 stars.
• Built and maintain mobile design system, including colors, typography, icons and UI library for faster product iteration.
• Created logo and visual identity system to enable brand recognition, resulting in 70% increase on email open rate.
• Initiated and conducted the marketing campaign at Global Leadership Summit 2019, resulting in the initially 150+ sales leads.
• Launched and maintain marketing website on Squarespace with an average 7.5% conversion rate.
UpLevo | October 2018 - February 2019 | San Fransisco, CA
Led product design for iOS and Android mobile apps, including key features like code scanning, survey taking and video recording. The apps resulted in $4,000 in revenue from startup CPG brands.
Palmdrive | April 2016 – October 2018 | Sunnyvale, CA/Shanghai, China
• Led College Application Management web app design. Serving over 8,000 mentors and premium subscribers, achieving over 16 million USD annual revenue.
• Refined Palmdrive Style Guide by expanding web components and visual elements, supporting both product and marketing team.
• Spearheaded marketing website redesign which decreased bounce rates an average of 10% across sites with a maximum decrease of 75%.
• Led digital layouts, collateral materials, environmental graphics, and print advertising for more than130 branding events nationwide within one year - resulting in revenue growth of 233% from $1M to$3.3M and increase of market share by 2.5%.
• Hosted in-company design workshops and weekly design talks.
• Recruited, on-boarded, and trained 4 designers to support 400+ projects.
• Reduced communication overhead by introducing transparent and standard work process that supported 300% campaigns without new design hires in 2017.
Smart Traveller | January 2015 - March 2016 | New York, NY/ Bay Area, CA
Led the design of the beta web app from concepts to final pixels, winning the first prize of China innovation and entrepreneurship competition in 2015.
Whimsical, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flinto, InVision, After Effects
Branding, Iconography, Infographic, Illustration
Fluent in English, native in Mandarin
M.F.A. in Design and Technology | 2013 - 2015
Parsons the New School for Design – New York, NY
B.E. in Software Engineering | 2009 - 2013
Associated program in Finance | 2010 - 2011
Wuhan University – Wuhan, China